What Are The Benefits of a Dehumidifier?
A Dehumidifier Has Benefits
A dehumidifier is an electrical device that reduces and maintains humidity levels in the air. People purchase these appliances to eliminate musty odors and to prevent the growth of mildew. The appliance works by extracting water from the air. If a person have allergies or lives in a humid climate, a good dehumidifier can help.
The benefits of having a dehumidifier in a home or office space are many. Here are several reasons to consider:
- A dehumidifier helps reduce musty odors that can accompany mold and mildew.
- Reducing the potential development of mold on furniture, curtains, bed sheets and clothing.
- Running a dehumidifier reduces dust. Dust can trigger allergies; and this device will help to reduce allergens such as dust mites, mold and mildew. Plus, cleaning time is reduced.
- A dehumidifier can also lower energy costs because it helps the HVAC units run more efficiently. If a home is located in a humid climate, an air conditioner must work harder to not only cool the air, but also remove moisture. Plus, if the air conditioner works harder, it could wear out sooner and may need to be replaced. As we all know, HVAC systems can be quite expensive.
Getting advice from a certified HVAC professional is important to understand if your house or office could benefit from a dehumidifier. Here are some signs that an HVAC professional may look for in your home or office:
- The space may have a musty odor.
- Black spots are seen growing on walls, ceilings or in the bathtub or shower.
- Visible water stains on the walls or ceilings.
- Condensation on the windows are visible.
Mold and mildew spores can travel through ventilation systems and can build up in the walls of office and apartment buildings. Even if your house, apartment or office building is kept clean, allergens can be found and will thrive in humidity. Small areas with limited ventilation such as basement apartments are commonly prone to moisture, even in dry climates.
If you or a loved one suffers from allergies or lives in a humid climate, having a dehumidifier can help to live a healthier life. Your best bet is to contact our Christian Heating and Air Conditioning professionals in your area to get advice on choosing the right appliance for your needs. Call us at (215) 372-8636 or schedule your appointment with us today!