Our licensed technicians are experts in determining what service is needed after a thorough inspection. Regular servicing significantly decreases your chance of needing a total replacement. Let Christian Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc.tune up your furnace today.
Here is a list of the services we perform that will help keep your furnace running:
- Check all electrical components
- Check all high and low voltage wiring
- Measure the amperage of all the motors
- Check the temperature split for proper operation
- Check for proper combustion air
- Clean the burners
- Clean the flame sensors and take readings
- Clean the pilot assembly
- Clean and inspect the heat exchangers
- Check the strength of the igniter
- Measure the airflow and static pressure
- Test gas connections for leaks
- Check the draft and vacuum pressure
- Measure the manifold gas pressure
- Test all the safety controls
- Inspect the flue for cracks and rust
- Check the calibration of the thermostat
- Replace standard 1” air filter
- Perform a carbon Monoxide test
- Perform a combustion analyzer test
- Wipe the unit down
- Clean the condensate pump and drain traps (condensing furnaces)
Why Is Furnace Maintenance So Important?
In many ways, your heating system is like the motor in your car. If you never change the oil in your car, the engine will wear out fast! The same applies to all the moving parts and fluids of your furnace. Preventative maintenance will keep your HVAC system up and running all season long with no surprise breakdowns.
No matter what the manufacturer promises or how expensive the system is, a complicated piece of mechanical equipment is subject to breakdowns and needs repairs every so often. Reduce the chance of having to make costly repairs by having your furnace inspected at least once a year.
Call us today to schedule maintenance for your furnace to keep your heating system performing this winter.
Benefits of Annual Heating System Maintenance
So what can you expect from your newly tuned-up HVAC system? Some benefits of regular maintenance can be seen immediately, while others prevent future problems from developing.
Some of the most prominent benefits include:
Do you hear a strange sound or notice an odd odor coming from your furnace? Calling for a tune-up right away could help catch problems before they become disastrous. By preventing future repairs, annual maintenance pays for itself
Lower Energy Bills:
A neglected system slowly loses its ability to keep your home comfortable at the same level of efficiency it once did. Just as a car tune-up delivers better gas mileage, your HVAC system consumes less fuel after receiving professional maintenance.
Safer Equipment Operation:
A failing HVAC system does more than cost a lot of money to repair; it can also endanger your family. For instance, if the furnace develops a crack in the heat exchanger, carbon monoxide gas can escape and poison the air you breathe. Keep your family safe by scheduling annual furnace maintenance.
Lower Chance of a Catastrophic Breakdown:
It’s incredibly inconvenient and uncomfortable when equipment breaks down on a frigid winter night, right when you need your heating system the most. Annual inspections greatly diminish this risk.
Longer Equipment Life:
Furnaces and other HVAC equipment function best when serviced and cleaned regularly. One malfunctioning part can cause a domino effect that causes the entire system to break down. Regular maintenance prevents this from happening and adds years to your equipment’s life span.
Maintenance Tasks You Can Do Yourself
- Change the HVAC air filter every month. Some units have an indicator light that tells you when the filter is getting clogged and blocking airflow.
- Remove debris from around the outdoor unit.
- Hose down the outdoor unit when dirt begins to accumulate on it.
- Trim back foliage to at least 18 inches from the outdoor unit.
- Keep supply and return registers unblocked by drapes, rugs or furniture.
Stay warm this winter with a well-serviced furnace by Christian Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. Call us now to schedule your furnace maintenance and see why we are the preferred choice for Bucks County, Montgomery County, and Northeast Philadelphia homeowners.